Once Again Reality Bitch Slaps Dems. If GITMO Is So Horrible, Why Are The Detainees Going To Sue So They Don’t Get Moved?
- If they managed to escape there, they are in Cuba, not middle America
- We have fully trained soldiers taking care of them right now on a full US Base that will still be there after we close GITMO
- They have a proven track record of not losing prisioners
- 3 prisoners just escaped from an Illinois prison
- They prefer the treatment they get at GITMO than what they would get at Illinois
- We can actually get information from them at GITMO
And all this time the Dems are screaming about the inhumane treatment at GITMO. My god! Someone should let the detainees know. They don’t seem to be aware of it.
But the final irony is that many of the detainees may not even want to be transferred to Thomson and could conceivably even raise their own legal roadblocks to allow them to stay at Gitmo.
Falkoff notes that many of his clients, while they clearly want to go home, are at least being held under Geneva Convention conditions in Guantánamo. At Thomson, he notes, the plans call for them to be thrown into the equivalent of a "supermax" security prison under near-lockdown conditions.
"As far as our clients are concerned, it’s probably preferable for them to remain at Guantánamo," he says.